November 26, 2011

Inspiration of Look-Alikes


The other day I was having coffee with a friend of mine at a fun doughnut shop and look-alike couple came in for breakfast. I was immediately intrigued and in awe. The couple I gawked at the at the doughnut shop was significantly intriguing to me because I could not decide if they purposefully dressed alike, or if their style is so enmeshed that their overall look-alike appearance was organic. I decided that a short story needs to be written about them. I know a number of look-alike couples. I am in awe of every single look-alike couple I know. I catch myself staring at them, studying their similarities. Sometimes I wonder if I am part of a look-alike couple. I wonder if after years of being together John and I will be a look-alike couple. That would be intriguing, at least for folks with my fascination.

One indication of a look-alike couple is if you cannot determine if the children of the couple look more like the mother or the father. I am not talking about having children who are a good mix of genes, but more the inability to assign genes to just one person in the couple. Another - more obvious - indication of a look-alike couple is that the couple clearly looks alike. I cannot stress how much I am so intrigued by look-alike couples. I often wonder if the couples have always looked alike or if they have grown to look alike. I am sure there are research studies about this somewhere.

*Note: The image is fuzzy because it was taken from across the room with my phone. Clearly, I am a maniac for look alike couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment