May 23, 2012

Marital Coordination



There has been another major lag in my postings. I see why blogging is a full-time career for some folks. It's very hard to blog and have another full-time gig. John and I have joked that we don't have just full time jobs, but rather a variety of side gigs. Sometimes I feel like my professional life is very a la carte, a little of this, a little of that.


This past weekend John and I coordinated our friends' wedding. This was the first time John and I have worked together in a job capacity. We did really well. John took care of the musical logistics, which included jamming with the bluegrass band, and he did a great job organizing the men. I took care of the decor, general concerns, and keeping everything of time. The wedding turned out beautifully. I was proud that we pulled it off, especially since the wedding was in the middle of a field, a mile away from the parking lot, with no easy electricity hookup for sound.

During the reception a few different folks suggested that John and I make a career of wedding coordinating. It's not really my field. John perked up at the idea, though. Over the past days I have watched the wheels turn as John is thinking about picking up another side gig. For some reason I can't help but laugh at the thought of John and I going into the wedding biz.

Here are some fun photos from this past weekend.
























No comments:

Post a Comment