June 20, 2012

We Invaded



This past weekend Lu and I crashed guys' weekend. John is such a good husband; when he was offered a guys trip to Colorado he said he would not go unless I was able to tag along. While the guys fly fished, I spent a day reliving my youth in Frisco with Morgan, and then Lu and I took on some high altitude adventures together.

I was expecting the weekend to be relaxing, which it was, but an added bonus that I did not expect was that I got to know Lu better. I hated to leave Grayson in Georgia while the rest of the fam was gallivanting through the mountains, but the trip was too short and would be too expensive to justify him coming. I am not a fan of taking trips without the entire family, but this trip may have changed my mind a little. It seems like everyone won. Grayson had a blast while we were gone, and I feel like I was able to bond with Lu even more. It was so great to see Lu's sense of adventure and curiosity. She is a very fun travel companion. Maybe our future does include some weekend getaways with one kid at a time.

Here are some photos.



One of my favorite things about Lu: she smiles for the camera without any gimmicks. 



I asked a family if they could take my and Lu's picture. It turns out this little boy was born the day after Lu. For some reason the dad felt compelled to take candid photos of this moment with my camera. 






Early in the morning, Lu and I were walking down the road and a fox ran along side us. I was nervous that the fox would take Lu's dangling legs and little toes as bait.

We agreed that we probably looked like weird fanatics as we walked up the hill, towards the tepee, with our babies.

So handsome. The most relaxed little boy ever. 


I think Lu was getting bossy, wanting Hayden to dig in the dirt. 


We took a mountain stroll with the strollers. We stumbled upon a wedding. Too good not to get involved. 

I creeped on the site. 

I went as far as to sit down. A woman was taking a picture of a couple and said, "Let's try it again. That girl was in the background." That girl, being me, the creeper. 
We found the bride and groom after the ceremony, said congrats, and snapped a photo. Daunting, I'm sure. 



Originally I had intended on doing a concept album of young mothers together. The kind of photos that are borderline awkward, yet tell a story. This fits the bill. 




Young motherhood. 




One of my absolute favorite things about Colorado in the summertime is the variety of festivals. 


Why the man taking this photo did not include Hayden in the photo is beyond me. 


We bought matching shirts. It just felt right at the time. It's also a major question - is it possible to be a free spirit with children?




The Colorado Gold Panners were intriguing for sure. Someone found gold while I was in their presence. 














1 comment:

  1. I love it...great pictures and a great story! I had a great time on my trip with just Savannah but I can't imagine what it would have been like with Joe along too. That's a fun thought to take a trip with just one child.

    ReplyDelete