June 6, 2012

Playmates



It seems like each week keeps getting past me before I am able to post. There are actually a number of things I would like to post about, but time is a major factor. Hopefully sometime soon I will get back to fully rolling in the blog world.

One of the major factors in my time lately is the kids. No big surprise, yet for some reason I still catch myself being surprised at how much time and energy it takes to raise small children. A friend stayed the night at our house earlier this week and he commented, "Is this normal? Is every evening this busy with the kids?" John and I laughed. The evening did not seem too chaotic to us. I guess in some ways we have become immune to the chaos. I realized recently that I have become the woman who carries on a phone conversation with a screaming child in the background. I used to be so distracted when I talked to women who talked over their toddlers, but now I know it is the only way to have a conversation. I am also the woman who consistently goes to work with baby poop on her clothes, but whatever.

In the midst of the chaos and redirecting, there have been many great moments. Grayson and Lu have started playing with each other more. They both share admiration for each other that warms my heart. I love seeing their bond grow. I love the moments when Grayson follows his big brother instinct to make sure Lu is treated fairly. I love watching Lu gaze at Grayson and smile at every little thing he does. I love listening to giggles turn into belly laughter in the back seat of the car as Grayson and Lu share an inside joke. So many days I look at Grayson and Lu and I sit in wonder about what is to come for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment