December 8, 2011

Glory, Glory - What's Your Secret?



Over the years my relationship with Gloria Steinem has been somewhat complex. One of the biggest complexities is that it is a very one-sided relationship. She has no idea who I am. I guess that is how relationships work between icons and everyday people. In case you are wondering: she is the icon, I am the civilian. My relationship with Gloria has involved intrigue, admiration, questioning, disagreements. The fluctuation and battles in the relationship would seem that we actually know each other. For all the ups and downs I have had in my relationship with Gloria, there is one undeniable fact. It's a fact that is far less profound or deep than the general topics of our relationship, but it is remarkable all the same. Gloria has AMAZING skin.

The other day I was watching this interview with Gloria. I had the hardest time listening to the interview because I was so distracted by Gloria's skin. The woman is 77 years old! I fear that my skin care regimen - which happens to be just using baby lotion because that is what is convenient right now - does not have me on the path of looking like I am 50 when I am almost 80.

If ever I meet Gloria I have a list of questions for her, and I have promised myself that I will not shy away from the surface question about skin care. The woman's skin secrets could start a revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment