December 18, 2011

Not Really a Gift Guide, but Fun Gifts

There is no debating that having a baby means getting a lot of swag. It seems like with the first mention of being pregnant the gifts start rolling in. I would be lying if I was modest about how enjoyable it is to get gifts in the mail each week. I am grateful for every gift we have received. It seems like baby gifts can be broken into two categories: pre-baby and post-baby. Most of the pre-baby gifts are very practical and generally from the registry. The post-baby gifts get a little more adventurous. Here are some of my favorite post-baby gifts:

THE HAND-ME-DOWN
My parents saved my first swim suit. Who would have thought it would hold up after 29 years? I obviously don't remember wearing this swim suit but I have many photos of me in it. I am excited to maybe recreate some photos with Lucy wearing the swim suit.



THE FUTURE HEIRLOOM
My parents gave me this bracelet with the instructions that I pass it on to Lucy when she has children.


THE FAVORITE SNACK
My best friend knows my love for red velvet donuts and supporting local shops, so she surprised me with a gift card for grub. The gift card has given me the perfect excuse to take extra walks to Ike and Janes, and I don't feel bad about indulging myself with some donuts and tea.


THE PRACTICAL GOODIES
I have been wanting a Kavu bag for some time but I have not been able to justify buying a new bag, so I whimsically registered for a Kavu bag. Thankfully, someone went out on a limb and sent it to me! It's been so fun to use a new bag.


Hand sanitizer is such a simple thing, but sometimes it feels like I never have it when I need it. It was great to get a travel size to throw in my bag.


THE HANDMADE CONGRATS
This has been one of my most favorite gifts, by far. All of the children in Grayson's class colored pictures for Lucy. I love seeing toddler art.









1 comment:

  1. aww, i love that toddler book. what a thoughtful thing for the school to do. and i love that your parents saved your swim suit. so cute!

    ReplyDelete