April 20, 2012

Friday Favorites: Rock

Source


This week John brought home School House Rock from the library. Grayson was entranced by the music. I became engrossed as well. The musical style is so indicative of the 70s. All of the songs were very patriotic. I felt like I was indoctrinating Grayson with American pride. I laughed at the many song lyrics that would likely make folks in the Tea Party cringe. I wonder what the tone of School House Rock would be if the songs were rewritten now? What music style would be used?

Here are some of  the songs that have been playing on repeat in my head all week.

Most confusing part of this clip: why whenever they sing, "In the pursuit of happiness" does a man chase a woman across the screen?

The formality of Elias Howe makes me smile.


Rock it out this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment