March 23, 2012

Friday Favorites



Instagram
About a year ago I downloaded the Instagram app. I took one photo and completely forgot about it. Recently John got hooked on taking pictures through Instagram. When I tried to download Instagram on my phone a couple of weeks ago I sheepishly realized I had been sitting a gold mine for almost a year. My rekindled affair with this app has me obsessed. I am sure the folks following me on Instagram are already tired of seeing pictures of Grayson and Lucy, but they are my muses at this point in time. Do you follow only folks you know or also celebrities?



Inexpensive Celebrations
Grayson's Birthday is Saturday. Being almost 2-years-old means that Grayson is obsessed will all forms of transportation. He gets so excited when he sees cars, buses, plains, trains, you name it. To celebrate Grayson's Birthday we are going to take the MegaBus. We aren't going to Paris... but we are going to the Paris of the South, Atlanta (ha!). It's only $1 each way! Grayson's Birthday celebration is costing us a total of $6. I am hoping that we get to ride a double-decker bus, and that we get the front seat so Grayson can get the full effect. We are leaving Athens at 7am, arriving in downtown Atlanta around 8:40. The plan is to walk to J. Christopher's for breakfast and then head to Piedmont Park. We will hop back on the bus at 11am to Athens. This will either be an amazing experience, or incredibly stressful and tiring. We will see. Either way, it will be a memory in the bank.

Happy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and memorable (well how memorable for the 2 year-old mind? but definitely for you and John!) birthday! How crazy that I have never heard of MegaBus?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I was the last to know about the Megabus, too. They just started the Athens to Atlanta gig at the end of February.

      Delete
  2. How did the megabus go?! Did Grayson love it? I am dying to hear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! We will definitely do it again. It took just a little longer to get to Atlanta, but it was SO MUCH cheaper. Grayson was thrilled.

      Delete
  3. #1: I am crazy about your instagramming. It's the best. Here's what I need to know: how do you aptly capture a moment while fiddling with what type of wash you want on the picture? It's baffling to me. Is it that you've become so adept at the app that you don't take any time? There are sooo many options! Shhesh. I plan on doing some instagram damage over spring break, but I feel like it makes it harder to be spontaneous.
    #2: There is no number two..I was over ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you do the affects before you take the picture? I always just edit after...

      Delete