March 6, 2012

Potion

Source

This morning I woke up looking like I spent the last five days camping. The reason: coconut oil. Yesterday when John and I were closing on our house (Our home owner status is official! Yikes!), I noticed my friend, Karen, had very smooth and healthy-looking hair. Clearly I was focused on the legal jargon of closing on a house... Any rate, I complimented Karen on her hair and she shared her secret with me. She uses coconut oil on her hair every night. She also makes a coconut oil lotion which she uses all over her body. A couple of years ago I attempted to make my own lotion. It was not a complete flop, but it was not a total success. Karen helped bring my lotion inspiration back. Last night I started with the simple coconut oil in the hair and on my face trick. The immediate results were debatable - my hair still looked a little greasy after my shower, but I am willing to give this trick a solid try.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are on to something with the coconut oil. I just came across an article that touts the health value of coconut oil and provides 80 uses. One use it lists that I thought you may find particularly interesting: "For breastfeeding moms, consuming 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil daily will enrich your milk supply."

    I am curious to find out if coconut oil will reach the paramount status that olive oil has attained.

    http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/80-uses-for-coconut-oil/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the article! I never knew that about coconut oil and breastmilk. I should try it. I will be looking up recipes now.

    ReplyDelete