March 12, 2012

What Would Make Me Cooler

There comes a point in life when you start to accept what your strengths and weaknesses are. I want to believe that no matter how old I get I can still improve my weaknesses and strengthen my strengths. At the end of the day, though, I think there are some things that I may plateau on. Over the years I have learned that there are things that I don't really enjoy, but I wish I did. And there are certain things that I just can't seem to be good at, no matter how hard a try.

Here is a list of some things that I feel would make me a much cooler and more interesting person if I liked and/or could do better:

Running. It seems like everyone I know has run at least a half marathon. Probably once a year I toss around the idea of training for a half marathon... Then I remember, running is not one of my strengths. I will go as far to say that I am not designed for it.
Source

Cooking. So many of my friends are foodies. If I had to put a percent on it, I would say 87 percent of my friends are foodies. I love the idea of cooking great meals. I love the thought of eating delectable recipes made by my hand. This is not my strength though. As John says, "The cooking bug never really stuck with you." I try. Every few months I pick up steam again and try to venture out to using new recipes. Sometimes I feel like Ash on Fantastic Mr. Fox, when he is trying to improve his athletic ability.
"Am I getting better, Coach?"
"Well, you're sure as cuss not getting any worse."
Source

Yoga & Pilates. Maybe I just haven't taken the right class yet. The other day I went to a Pilates class with an overweight instructor who did not actually do the positions; she just described them. At one point the instructor said to a woman in the class, "Wow, I wish I could do that position as good as you!" Talk about a time when I completely questioned the ability of authority! My physical therapist swears by yoga and Pilates as a sure-fire method to getting my core back. I think now is the time to strengthen this weakness.
Source

Gardening. It's simple; I kill everything.
Source

Technology. I often think about how great it would be if I knew how to do graphic design, use my camera to its full potential, be hip with technology. Sometimes I amp myself up to learn new technology tricks but I quickly burn out. I think I use the technology I have at about 10 percent of its capacity, at best.
Source


What are some things on your list?

1 comment:

  1. every.single.thing.on.your.list.
    I'd also really like to be one of those moms that make everything look easy. I just look awkward. Like not realizing until half way through my day that there is a sizable amount of puke down the back of my jacket. And I'd like to be the one who knows of the obscure awesome bands and introduces them to all my friends.

    ReplyDelete