January 10, 2012

Burgeoning Book Club About Burgeoning Life


One of my teacher friends - one of the best teachers in Metro Atlanta, in fact - mentioned to me that one of her students is reading Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. If I was to create a list of pre-adolescent/early adolescent must-read books, Are You there God? It's Me, Margaret would definitely make the list. In college one of my friends and I decided to re-read this classic to see if it had longevity. Unfortunately, my discipline in reading did not have longevity, so I did not get through this coming of age tale. Well, the opportunity has come again to revisit one of Judy Blume's top hits. I have decided to start a blog book club. Motherlode does a blog book club, so hey, I will too.

Tuesday, January 24, will be the first post about Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. From there, there will be a book post and discussion every Tuesday until the discussion dies down. I am thinking there will also be some guest posts to spice up the conversation. This will be a test-run of the book club.

Who's in?

Take a look at the many covers of this cult classic.





10 comments:

  1. oh, fun! i'm in. ive actually never read and it's always on my list of books i must eventually read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I'm not the only one! I've never read it either, can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Judy Blume, but I never read this one! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked Amazon. It's not on kindle. What?! Judy needs to get with the program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad we have a good group forming! I, too, was surprised that there is no Kindle version. I guess we will be reading old school style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No kindle!? Forced to old fashioned. I guess there are worse things :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems kind of fitting to be Kindle-free since we are going back to a time when we had no concept of a Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in, if I can get it from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Who knew there were so many covers to choose from?? I only ever remember the one with the pink-painted toes. I really hope I come across the one with the malnourished girl sitting on the bed... And given that I have never read it and don't have a Kindle, you can count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 the first one I read was the yellow cover with the cartoon face. Loved it!

    #2 Judy (Blume) and I are soul sisters. Both resisting the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete