January 22, 2012

Morning Tradition

 We have an unspoken weekend tradition in our house. John is so gracious to get up with Grayson each morning, even when Grayson wakes up at an absurd time like 5:15 am. I am lucky enough each morning to stay in bed with Lucy while John keeps Grayson entertained. I usually feed Lucy while I listen to Grayson pitter patter - actually, gallop -  around the house. I try to stay as quiet as possible with Lucy. Each morning, as soon as Lucy or I begin to stir I hear "Baby!", followed by fast footsteps, and a moment later Grayson bursts through the bedroom door. On the weekends there is no morning rush, so Grayson climbs into bed next to his sister. The tradition has become that Grayson hands me my phone and asks that I take pictures of him and Lucy. This tradition leaves me with dozens of very similar-looking photos on my phone, but every photo is priceless to me. I don't know how long this tradition will last. I am certain I will miss it.



We never have to tell Grayson to kiss his sister. He is very liberal with his kisses. 

I love how much they look like siblings here. 




I love this, spit-up and all. 

This is Grayson's old soul angle. 

One of Grayson's favorite activities is to point out Lucy's body parts. She is a willing subject. 



This demonstrates a little bit of the chaos that can ensue when Grayson wants to lay down with Lucy. 



I think each one of them is convinced the other hung the moon. 

This face makes me laugh. 


1 comment: