January 9, 2012

Out and About

I am going to add a gift idea to my unofficial gift guide for new parents that I posted a couple of weeks ago. Since Lucy was born we have had many offers by friends to babysit the kids for an evening. It has been so great to have a date night each week. The few hours John and I get alone each week have been priceless. This past weekend we went to one of our favorite burger stops, Clocked, and then allowed ourselves to be over-charged for frozen yogurt and one of the many fro-yo stores in town. While we were out on the town we saw a sign that one of our favorite bands, The Head and The Heart, will be coming to Athens in March! If our friends had not graciously offered to watch the kids we probably would not know about the concert. The gift of a night out is probably one of my favorite gifts of all time. 

My handsome date. 

We tend to go for over-priced, yet simple desserts. These "famous" milkshakes set us back $13. 

After dinner we stopped in a thrift store. I found this original sweater from the '70s, a rare jewel. I am interpreting it as a praying mantis fighting a turkey. I am still debating whether or not I should get this. 



2 comments:

  1. i am so jealous you are getting to see the head and the heart again. they aren't coming out here anytime soon. so sad! i'm glad you guys have gotten so many date nights. so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so surprised they are not coming to you anytime soon. I would think they would be in the Bay Area all the time. John wrote on their FB wall and requested that they come to Athens. I am not sure if that did the trick, but I will give him credit.

    ReplyDelete