January 25, 2012

Being 30-Something Has Perks

Source

I learned something exciting the other day. I learned that after the age 30, if you have had three consecutive years of clear pap smears, you only need to get a pap smear every three years. How did I now know this? What a great perk to being 30! And I thought there were no milestones that went with being 30....

As I was searching to confirm that what I heard was in fact true, I came across some extremely entertaining videos. NPR reported the other day that every minute an hour worth of video is uploaded onto YouTube. I love that YouTube encourages any and all videos to be posted.
Note: These videos are not graphic, but may be awkward to watch in the workplace with the volume turned up. A few months ago I sent out an email with this photo. It was hilarious as I quickly received emails with horror stories of being caught at work reading my email. So, maybe you should watch these videos at work... all in the name of having a good, awkward story to share.

Canada has a Cervical Cancer Awareness week. Their promotional ads have me beyond intrigued. I have so many questions. Why is the woman dressed like a fairy godmother? Is the fairy godmother's wand actually a microphone? Who wrote the dialogue to include phrases like, "Let me tell you, girlfriend"? Why did they choose to make the campaign look like a scrapbook? Who wrote the rap theme song? How did the men who sang the rap feel about their gig?









This is by far the most confusing video. The model person is interesting in and of itself. The brief photography lesson is nice. The fact that this girl wants photos of cervixes emailed to her is confusing and disturbing. Is she an artist? A medical examiner? A creep? How many photos has she received?


No comments:

Post a Comment