January 6, 2012

Friday Favorites

Here are the sights and sounds from this week that have made me smile and filled my life.

Favorite Sounds
~ BABY! Grayson is beyond obsessed with his new sister, Lucy Faye. We have practiced saying Lucy, Faye, and sister, but the only name that has stuck is "Bayyy-beeee!" This is by far Grayson's most frequently spoken word. It's the first thing he says in the morning, and the last thing I hear at night is, "Buh bye, Bayyy-beee."

~ BURRRP. I feel a big sense of accomplishment when I can get Lucy to let out some big burps.

~ HOORAY! One of Grayson's favorite expressions is, "Hooray!", except he says it as, "Beret!" Grayson is very expressive and has incorporated an excited hand wave to his exclamation.

Favorite Sights
In the past couple of weeks I have learned that everything that is wonderful and exciting about having one child is exponentially increased by having another child. There is such a special place in my heart for staring at my children.

Every morning Grayson runs to see his sister. Every morning Lucy is still asleep when Grayson bursts into the room. All Grayson wants to do is lie down next to Lucy, hug her, kiss her. I took these photos this morning with my phone. I want to get some clearer pictures of them together soon. 

Trying to wake up Lucy. 

 This does something extra special for my heart. When I first saw this photo I had flashes of dance parties when Lucy is older. 
 This will be framed. 
 Grayson won and Lucy woke up. 
 I like to pretend that Lucy is aware enough to know what she is doing and she is purposefully being goofy with Grayson. 

Every kiss Grayson gives Lucy includes a loud, "smooooch!" and lots of spit. Lucy's hair is always matted down with Grayson slobber, remnants of love. 

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment