January 17, 2012

Person of Intrigue: The One Transcribing the Drama



Within the past week John and I have been in traffic behind two cars that had 'Certified Court Reporter' license plate frames. What are the chances? I had no idea that the court reporting industry was so big and flashy. I did a little investigating about some of the other swag the court reporting group has to purchase. My investigation proved enlightening and entertaining. I feel like I understand the plight of a court reporter as being more than just a high risk of having varicose veins.


A somewhat wittier version of the plate frames John and I saw. 

This is the front of a t-shirt, clearly conveying the inner stress and dialogue that goes on within a silent court reporter. (Source)
Why does it seem fitting that court reporters would also enjoy tile coasters with cats? I would like to point out that the advertisement for this gem is, "Liven up any room or party with our fun, hip tile coasters." Count me in! (Source). 
For the seductive, yet not so intelligent, court reporter. (Source). 

I would love to be at a baby shower full of court reporters where this is given as a gift. What a crowd pleaser! (Source). 

All this swag, especially the swag with court reporter inside jokes, makes me want to take a peek closer into the world of court reporting. No longer will the court reporter simply be the silent person typing away in the corner of the court room, but instead the court reporter is now a person of intrigue for me. 

What validating and yet ridiculous professional swag have you seen around town? Or, more personally, what professional swag have you indulged yourself in?

2 comments:

  1. My mom wants a shirt that says "doulas do it all night long" or something like "doulas can do it in the dark"

    http://www.zazzle.com/doulas_do_it_all_night_long_bag-149134436968187317

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a court reporter and it's awesome !

    ReplyDelete