January 16, 2012

Life Aquatic




This past weekend we took Grayson to the Georgia Aquarium for the first time. We were not sure how he would respond to all the fish. We ran the risk of Grayson being more interested in the crowd dynamics of the aquarium patrons than being interested in the fish. Thankfully, Grayson absolutely loved the fish. He was in heaven. I find it hard not to be in awe of aquatic life, especially all that is at the Georgia Aquarium.
 Family photo: take 1
 Family photo: take 2
Accepting that we would not get a good family photo when Grayson had fish to see. 
 I love that he is smiling. 
 Exhausted from a day of intense observation. 
 This couple was endearing. They chose to watch the least stimulating thing at the aquarium. 




 THINGS TO COME...

John and I have been talking about getting a pet for Grayson. We cannot commit to a dog right now; we figured we need to limit the first pet to something that comes in a cage or tank. I am not ready to have gerbils or the like in the house yet. John and I agreed that fish would be the best first pet for Grayson. The grandparents were so inspired by the Georgia Aquarium that they decided to outfit Grayson with an aquarium. Perfect! After I find the ideal spot for the aquarium we are going to get some fish. I can't wait to see Grayson's excitement and wonder.

 John and I were likely going to get Grayson a single beta in a bowl and call it a day. This accessorized aquarium is a number of steps up. 
Grayson's fish have scuba divers and robots to contend with. 
There are even ruins for the fish to explore. 


Do you consider fish to be pets?










2 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun outing. i love silhouette aquarium shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could have watched Grayson experience the aquarium! I love watching kids be in awe of such mysterious and massive sea creatures.

    I think definitely consider fish to be pets! But maybe that's what kids who only grew up with fish tell themselves to forget that they don't have a dog... :) I bet Grayson will love his fishy.

    ReplyDelete