March 19, 2012

We're In. Almost Completely.


The past days have been full of boxes, organizing, and not enough hours in the day. Grayson stayed with the grandparents Friday and Saturday night so we could maximize our time. Friday and Saturday I felt like I was racing the clock, knowing that Sunday morning we would be busy with a toddler again. Friday we finished painting our priority rooms. I don't recommend painting multiple rooms at a time. I quickly tired of painting and I slacked off in my precision. Multiple times I told reminded myself that Future Shannen will probably be frustrated with the Past Shannen who opted to do a poor paint job, instead of taking the extra time to do it right. My personal comeback to those thoughts was, "Whatever. It's just where I'm at right now. Future Shannen needs to understand that." Don't you love it when your past, present, and future self gang up on each other?

By Saturday evening we were about 80 percent moved in to the new house. We decided to do a no-pack move, since we were moving such a short distance. Our strategy takes a lot of trips, but we don't have any boxes that need unpacking. During a break from moving Saturday evening we went to dinner at The Grit with our friends Stephen and Alise, who will be moving from Atlanta and into our old house in June. Our server at The Grit was none other than one of the hiptsers who used to live in our house! When I originally looked at the house she was home and she answered my questions about the house in great detail. So much detail, in fact, that we knew to ask in the contract for specific renovations. She was so much help. The seller felt like she was too honest and too much help, but she stood by her decision to be upfront with us. While we were eating dinner it was nice to chat with someone who spent the past two years living in our new house, but there was also a level of surreal awkwardness. My Grit experiences will be interesting as long as she works there. Why it's awkward I don't know, but it is.


1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I'm sure future Shannen will understand and perhaps even touch up some of those spots for you:)

    ReplyDelete