March 5, 2012

Walled In

Source

We are going to close on the Artist Bungalow any day now. Yesterday John and I looked inside the Artist Bungalow to confirm that the renters completely moved out. The Bungalow is empty, just waiting for us. We have a list of house projects to complete before officially moving in. I am sure our list will grow once we get back inside the Artist Bungalow and see what everything looks like empty.

One of the first major projects is to paint. Some of the rooms are painted colors I don't particularly love, others are too dark for the small space, and others could just use a fresh look. Wallpaper has been on my mind lately. I have actually toyed with the idea of hanging wallpaper. I don't have my finger exactly on the pulse of home design, but I know wallpaper is a fad of a few decades ago. I feel like we may see it come back in style here soon, though. I have seen so many neat wallpaper designs. After tossing around the idea of committing to wallpaper I decided that I don't have the time or emotional energy to hang wallpaper well right now. My alternative has been to try my hand at stenciling. Stenciling is a commitment but less so than wallpaper.

Here are some fun finds from Etsy. Thoughts?









No comments:

Post a Comment